Shops to buy gear in Kauai? Lost my bag :(

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mayur

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I got here a couple days ago, did my first 2 dives with Mike from FF at Koloa Landing (amazing dive with him, saw a spotted eagle ray. More on this later).

However, like a dumb a**, when I got back to the hotel, in a rush I forgot my gear bag outside my car. And when I realized a couple hours later, it was gone. As expected. I've informed the hotel security about it, but doubt someone will return it.

Chalk it up to being dumb and forgetful.
That being said, I need to buy the following:
Snorkel
Fins
Mask
Booties
Gloves

Thanks to Mike @ FF for getting me a spare for our this mornings dive, but I would like to buy my own for the next few dives.

Any suggestions on which shops have more gear around here?

Sorry to hear that you lost your gear. I'd go in today and talk to George (owner) at Fathom Five or Siso (mananger) and see what they can do for you. They may have some gear that you dont see in the shop as well. Of the two shops on the island you'll probably get a better rate from Fathom Five. What kind of gear did you have? You'll probably see that gear on the island is a little more expensive than on the mainland for sure. If you decide to wait to purchase gear I'd be happy to set you up with mask, fins, and snorkel at no charge for the rest of your stay. I'm know Mike well and could have him bring the gear to the shop. Let me know if I can help you out at all.

A

---------- Post added August 26th, 2013 at 10:05 AM ----------

Sorry to hear that you lost your gear. I'd go in today and talk to George (owner) at Fathom Five or Siso (mananger) and see what they can do for you. They may have some gear that you dont see in the shop as well. Of the two shops on the island you'll probably get a better rate from Fathom Five. What kind of gear did you have? You'll probably see that gear on the island is a little more expensive than on the mainland for sure. If you decide to wait to purchase gear I'd be happy to set you up with mask, fins, and snorkel at no charge for the rest of your stay. I'm know Mike well and could have him bring the gear to the shop. Let me know if I can help you out at all.

A

A

Thanks. Mike did bring in extra stuff and I was able to dive today. But I was not very comfortable with the gear (personal preference ). So I went in later in the evening and bought all my stuff again. Siso was helpful and made sure I have the right fitting stuff.Will get to test it out on wednesday now :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom