Ikelite or metal cases

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppina

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Since I have learnt to like underwater photography, this is the second Ikelite case I buy. I have never experienced any problems with it and they are cheaper than the metal cases. Do you think it is worthy to pay the double price for a metal case? What are the advantages?

Since I have learnt to like underwater photography, this is the second Ikelite case I buy. I have never experienced any problems with it and they are cheaper than the metal cases. Do you think it is worthy to pay the double price for a metal case? What are the advantages?

ppina,

Advantages with an Ikelite housing:

- You can clearly see the housing seal.

- You can clearly see how the housing controls contact each camera function.

- You will not have corrosion problems if the housing is properly rinsed after each dive.

- Fully integrated TTL circuitry in all DSLR housings and many prosumer models which allow direct digital information to be exchanged between the housing and strobe(s). This assures an accurate exposure almost every time in normal shooting situations.

- Near neutral buoyancy dependent on water salinity and port(s) used.

- Easy installation and maintenance.

- Best customer service in the industry.

- Proven reliability: 51 years in business.

Advantages of an aluminum housing over an Ikelite housing:

- Nothing comes to mind.

Thanks for using Ikelite products in the past and we hope you will stay with us!

IKELITE Underwater Systems

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom