Nitrox bottom time

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi guys I have lost my nitrox tables :depressed: im diving next week to 40 meters on a 25 blend can at 1.4 can anyone tell me what my no deco bottom time will be i can not find a table I can read anywhere
cheers Rob

AFAIK, you'll typically only find precut tables for 32% and 36% FO2. For 25% you'd use your EAD calculations along with an Air table. The EAD of 40M for 25% is 36.3M which on the PADI metric RDP rounds back up to 40M so there really is no additional bottom time. The NDL remains 9 minutes.

The use of a dive computer would probably calculate more bottom time due to it not having to round the depth but computers also tend to be more conservative on square dives and you might end back at 9 minutes or less.

CochraneScuba - Equivalent Air Depth Calculator

How about you calculate EAD and use standard tables?

SDI/TDI give one out with your intro NITROX course. They do 21 to 40 with 1% increments.

25% at 128 ft give an EAD of 120, at 138ft your EAD is 130. PO2 is 1.3 for both.
Looks like you are getting about 2 meters of EAD with 25%

By the way it is a nice table with CNS clock on th other side and MODs for 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 on the bottom. I have added to mine with 1.3 and 1.2 since I like to keep the PO2 at 1.3 or below.

Planning on a square profile will give you about 10 mins NDL

There's an App. called 'V-Planner'.......Look into it......They have a 30 day free trial period........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom