My new dive buggy!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mopardiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My new gear hauling truck!

Attachments

• 20130828_121730_zps8d519f3f.jpg
    20130828_121730_zps8d519f3f.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 567
Congratulations!

Thanks...I actually bought this thing to head South and into your direction (but with a “Key” in front of the town name) Kele! I gotta plan a trip and build some homemade tank racks and hit the road now! This truck can hold plenty of gear, and I am looking forward to hitting the road with it and blowing some bubbles for two weeks straight!!!

Very nice, I have been considering that one for my next truck. What are you doing to cover the bed if anything?

The bed cover is a little more complicated than I realized. On the 2013 model there is a rear spoiler that interferes with covers that go over the lip of the tailgate. I might be able to remove the spoiler and use one for the 2012 model. I really want a cover that is secure as possible and doesn’t leak.

The bed cover is a little more complicated than I realized. On the 2013 model there is a rear spoiler that interferes with covers that go over the lip of the tailgate. I might be able to remove the spoiler and use one for the 2012 model. I really want a cover that is secure as possible and doesn’t leak.

Have you considered a cap for the bed? Do they make a cap for a bed that small?

I think I am going to splurge and get a Diamondback cover. I’m interested in the thinner one, but they actually make one you can put ATVs or up to 1600 lbs. on. I just want something super secure that can keep the non-diving cargo I will be hauling most of the time completely dry.

I really like this truck, and it should serve me well for at least a decade. I’m 48 and this is only the second new vehicle I have ever bought for myself in all my years of driving. The other brand new vehicle was a 1990 Nissan 4x4 Hardbody Pickup that I kept for almost 18 years, and this thing is light years better in every category except for off road since it is 2WD.

http://www.diamondbackcovers.com/

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom