Difference in Atom 3.1 and OCi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FIST

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Looking at picking up the Atom 3.1 or OCi and just wanted to get some thoughts on either. OCi doesn't have a lot of info out there in terms of reviews.

Thought or suggestions are appreciated.

Atom 3.1 675
OCi. 775
Both include a transmitter and cable

thanks

I have been researching both DCs as well and have decided on the OCi over the Atom. I have spoken with 2 DMs who highly recommended the OCi over the Atom. I called Oceanic directly to discuss the differences and I was told that the OCi menu is much easier to navigate than that of the Atom along with a couple of other differences. My sales representative highly recommended the OCi over the Atom as well.

The Atom has a LCD display while the OCi has a dot-matrix display. I was able to view the OCi's display underwater, at a good distance and was surprised that it I could read it without any problems...confirming my choice.

I will be purchasing my OCi as soon as I decide on the color.

I went with the OCi. I have not dove it yet but I went through the process trying to set it up and it has lots of options. The only problem is that I can't get the DC to sync with my computer. Now I know what you're thinking.... Yes I read the manual extensively and have also read the troubleshooting guide. I Work with computers for a living. I can't get the firmware update or set it up for diving. Oceanlog is pretty cool and let's you setup the DC by using the computer instead of using the buttons on the DC, very nice IF YOU CAN GET THE DAMN THING TO SYNC WITH YOUR COMPUTER. I also posted a thread on here asking Oceanic if there was something I was missing. The thread has been up for about a week and nothing from Oceanic, I'm really disappointed with Oceanic so far. I guess I'm going to have to wait till Monday and call them and see if I can get this worked out.

If you have any more questions or concerns please just ask I will try to help.

Andreau,

Thanks for the information regarding the sync problem that you are having. Can you please give an update after speaking with Oceanic's service department? I'm quite curious.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom