channel islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fjpatrum

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I'll be in the Santa Barbara area soon and thought I'd see if there's anyone willing to dive with me, possibly channel island national park or some other local(ish) site. Anyone have other recommendations for the area?

You may have to look at dive boats that head out there such as the Truth Aquatics boats out of Santa Barbara and the Peace out of Ventura

Thanks, Bill. I already looked at Truth's schedule and they're booked up for some private cruises. I'll see if I can check out Peace, but I'm coming from Lompac so it might be a bit farther than I can make early in the morning. Not sure yet.

EDIT: Truth Aquatics does have a one day excursion to Miguel/Rosa on the Vision for the weekend I'll be there. They indicate potentially 4 dives for the day trip. Woohoo. For the price of $135 that seems very reasonable.

Anyone in the area interested in joining me and buddying up? I'm a newb and have never done any kelp diving but looking forward to it. I'll most likely be diving dry though I haven't decided for sure since I am still dialing in my dry diving skills/comfort level.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom