Passport requirements to the Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Venus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi Everyone

I have managed to get a week of work at short notice ... long story :idk:

Some countries that I've traveled to require six months left on your passport from date of return.
My passport expires 13 days short of six months.

I looked on the Maldives entry requirements on the UK foreign office website and it says:

Your passport should be valid for the proposed duration of your stay. No additional period of validity beyond this is required.

My Tour Operator, unhelpfully, didn't know if this was OK, and told me to go find out myself :shocked2:

Does anyone know if there is such a requirement when traveling to the Maldives?

Thanks very much

Venus

As long as you have a return ticket within that time and a confirmation of where you'll be staying you'll be fine. I'd consider changing your tour operator- that is really second-class service.
Entry to Maldives

If you're still concerned, email them. They may respond...
info@immigration.gov.mv

Hi SuperGaijin/ Sphyrnidus

Thanks very much for your replies.

Yes, pretty poor show by my operator, unbelievable really considering the years and number of trips I've booked with them!!
But, then again the person I spoke with is one I've not dealt with previously as my usually contact is off at the moment.

The links are very helpful ... thank you!

I've also written an email, but it should be ok.

Have a lovely day

Venus

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom