Portage reports?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

al248005

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Anyone been to Portage lately. Thinking of making a trip up next weekend and hitting either Portage or Whitestar Friday then Gilboa on Saturday. I read on here last weeked WS had 20'. Just wondering what Portage viz/temps are in comparison. I know its usually not that great for viz.

Not since the DAN BBQ. But with the cooler temps it is likely going to.start getting better vie wise. I just wish they were closer than a five hour drive. I like Portage. It's good for practicing alot of skills. And Jeff and Monica run a great friendly and safe operation.
Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I dove Whitestar on the 11th. Water temp 72 at surface 61 below 33'. Viz was 10'-15'.

I was at Portage about a month ago and the viz was pretty bad (like 1 foot at best) below 30 feet, unless you're into low viz dives you're better off skipping it and going to whitestar or gilboa, though it might be better now that the temps are dropping a little bit

Al,

I have not been to Portage since 2011. Viz was 3 feet.

But someone on FB said it was better than that this year.

WS viz has been consistently good this year. Gilboa's has been 15 feet after the classes, and much better before the classes. I would say Gilboa averaged 25 feet last weekend.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom