Is the "Blue Hole" really a secret?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Insofar as it hasn't been mapped and no one is really sure where the system goes, sure.

Thanks for that response. I was unsure if it truly had not been mapped or if the story was made more interesting by claiming the caves are a mystery. There is at least one YT video which shows what appears to be the grated entrance and it seems a narrow opening.

I dive their monthly. The hole has a 36 inch pipe to support the flow, it is definitely big enough to get through if you doff your tanks. I have no idea how far back it goes (can only see 20' or so due to angle) but the flow is substantial and so there is a possibility it goes for hundreds of yards. It just depends how fast it fractures off into branches too small to wiggle through.

This is New Mexico, right on the old route 66 and one of 100+ road side attractions. The fact that it might be whipped up to more than reality is very possible.

Sounds an interesting dive. I look forward to pictures and such from the exploratory team.

we wouldn't know in the Southwest...:wink:
Forum: Rocky Mountain Region

Home of the Rocky Mountain Oysters. Divers with an Altitude! This includes Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom