Saint Croix recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pwhiphop

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I've been combing through posts about saint Croix and saw someone encountered a dolphin at Waves by Cane Bay. The post was 7 years old. Is there any current reason to believe there would be more dolphins near Waves by Cane Bay than any other hotel closer to F-sted? Also, do you have to drive to a dive boat from Waves by Cane Bay, or drive to the marina? Thanks.

First of all welcome to ScubaBoard and sorry it's taken so long for me (or anyone else for that matter) to answer your question. I think you probably suspect what the answer to your question is; there's nothing that makes the area near the Waves at Cane Bay more prone to dolphins than anywhere else around the island. Though dolphin sightings and even better, having them join you during a dive, aren't a daily occurrence it does happen on a regular basis. Just last week one of our Captains texted me that there were more than 30 surrounding the dive boat. That, especially those numbers, is of course a rarity. Dolphins are often spotted on the Frederiksted end of the island especially near sunset but that's probably because the water is almost always flat calm, and a lot of people are looking at the water at sunset (hoping for an elusive "green flash"). On that end of the island check out Sand Castle on the Beach Hotel. It's a small and very nice beach hotel with a great restaurant for watching sunset. On the other end of the island there are several nice hotels near Christiansted. One thing is for sure, no matter where you choose to stay, you'll like the island and absolutely love the diving here. If you have any other questions please feel free to ask me and I will try to answer you in a more timely fashion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom