Insurance for long term travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

greenblayza

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
In a couple of weeks I'll begin backpacking around SE Asia and, obviously, diving. I've never had dive insurance before but this trip I plan on doing quite a lot of diving - I'll be taking my DMT at some point.

I know of some options - DAN, DiveAssure, Security National Insurance, Dive Masters Insurance. I've looked into them a bit (however living in Asia limits the amount of time I can reach some by phone), but from what I can see a lot of them offer multi trip insurance instead of worldwide coverage year round (DAN, DiveAssure). Am I not reading something correctly? How do instructors travel and work from place to place if say a trip can only last 45 days max? Is there different options for dive pros?

Which brings me to my next concern. As I mentioned I'll be doing my DMT some point 1-3 months from now. I'd ideally like to work at a shop, do I need different insurance for that and will I be basically paying double since I'll already have had some?

Also, I'm a USA citizen currently living in South Korea, but will be leaving here in 2 weeks. My permanent address is back in the States. When I take out this insurance I won't have a current address (as I'll be traveling) - unless it makes sense to take it out before I go - its just that I won't be diving until about a week or two into my trip so I'd like to get it just before that time to maximize my coverage length.

If you have any suggestions or helpful insights I'd love to hear!

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom