Turtles, Octpus & Fish! | New South Florida Snorkeling Video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On Sunday we lead a group of snorkelers at Boca Raton's South Inlet Park. It was a great snorkel outing.
Here's the video from the trip!

<font color="#333333">[video=youtube;KMOAQsRbcDc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMOAQsRbcDc[/video]

Very nice,... shore entry??

BTW, SinkForidaSink??? Not funny, I just moved down here ...:wink:

Very nice! Anything to be concerned about snorkeling there - boat traffic, currents, etc...? May be making a few business trips there and would love to squeeze in a snorkel or five.

Just checked out the link in the text, lots of good info in there!!

Very nice,... shore entry??

BTW, SinkForidaSink??? Not funny, I just moved down here ...:wink:

Thank you. Glad you like. This is a beach dive. the reef is maybe 200ft from shore.
Welcome to South Florida. "Sink, Florida, Sink!" is a song from the Gainesville-based band Against Me. That's where we got the name of the website.

This dive spot is very close to Delray

---------- Post added September 15th, 2013 at 09:48 PM ----------

You need a flag here. On the weekends, small boats do come here, but they know this is a snorkeling spot.
Here's information on Boca Raton's South Inlet Park. if you look at the map, it's very close to shore. NEVER swim around the jetty.

To be honest with you, if you're an experienced diver, i would only snorkel here. it's a very simple reef, too simple to lug scuba gear.

Never used a tank, life-long 'snorkdiver' and into UW photography... How are the water temps around this time of the year? Kind of a warm-water wuss, so is a 3/2 gonna be sufficient?

Loved it! The music created a great mood, and I felt as though I was there in a wonderful place. I would like to snorkel in S. Florida, but I am afraid the off-the-beach weather conditions may be too undependable to take a chance on a short vacation there. You guys who live there can take advantage of the good weather conditions when they occur.

Never used a tank, life-long 'snorkdiver' and into UW photography... How are the water temps around this time of the year? Kind of a warm-water wuss, so is a 3/2 gonna be sufficient?

Most of my beach dives have been 84-86 degrees. I usually wear a rashguard and boardshorts this time of year. If you like to stay warm, 3/2 will be more than enough.
I did a few dives in a 3mm and I was too warm.

---------- Post added September 16th, 2013 at 06:56 AM ----------

Loved it! The music created a great mood, and I felt as though I was there in a wonderful place. I would like to snorkel in S. Florida, but I am afraid the off-the-beach weather conditions may be too undependable to take a chance on a short vacation there. You guys who live there can take advantage of the good weather conditions when they occur.

Thank you Dave. Glad you like the video. you are right about the " off-the-beach weather conditions" being unpredictable. 95% of my dives are beach dives. my girl and I planned on lobstering yesterday, but the water was too choppy for a beach dive. But the water was great the day before. GRRR

Great site! Glad someone else feels the same need to share snorkel/shore dive sites!

Thank you, glad you like our site! We started it to make it easier for people to find dive spots. then it grew. and grew. Now we have over 1,600 visits each month and the most comprehensive South Florida scuba weather hubs we have seen.

If you're every in South Florida, and have Qs about diving, feel free to shoot us an email

Back
Top Bottom