New nikon camera aw1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm keeping a close eye on this one! Looks like it would do a good job in/out of water.

I'm wondering if there will be a underwater case made for it to extend the depth it can go, I'd be happy with 150' :) Also going to wait for the price to go down a bit, paying $996.95 for the kit that brings both lenses that will be available is a bit steep :/

If not then I'd go for the Olympus TG2 and it's case... The other option was the Ikelite case for the D5100, but that's way out of budget.

Currently have the GoPro3 Black but the stills are a hit/miss and I'm using the 5/1sec burst to get some good ones and it takes time to go through them all and determine which ones came out ok.

The Mrs is preordering it

15 meters is disappointing...still wishing for a replacement for my Nikonos V's.

(Housed camera's can't do what I used to do with the V's)

could you elaborate? I am still learning and it is not obvious to me which features were unique to the nikonos.

15 meters is disappointing...still wishing for a replacement for my Nikonos V's.

Funny my wife loved the V. She now uses the Olympus tg2. We never go deeper then 35/45 feet so this camera seems to be a definitely home run for us

could you elaborate? I am still learning and it is not obvious to me which features were unique to the nikonos.

I was shooting 3D & housed cameras are just too bulky. 'course synchronization will be a problem for a digital Nikonos...but I didn't think of that 'til after I hit send. D'oh!

I was shooting 3D & housed cameras are just too bulky. 'course synchronization will be a problem for a digital Nikonos...but I didn't think of that 'til after I hit send. D'oh!

Interesting rigs. A housed DSLR can definitely be a monster and combining multiple would quickly become very unmanagable, but there are lots of very compact & relatively capable P&S cameras.
syncing a set of (or many) digital cameras just requires a bit of custom cabling. Most have an electronic shutter release feature, but it would require a bit of MacGyvering.

Waterproof MacGyvering at that.

This is why I'm using the GoPro 3D hero system now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom