Difference in planned Depth time - 2 computers (both Mares Puck)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nv

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have 2 mares Puck dive computers. One is air integrated and the other is wrist mounted. All things set equal there is a minor differentiation in planned dive time between the two units. About 1-2 minutes.

Anybody experience this before? Just curious.

Envy

I would check the NDL time for 130' after the "no fly" time has run down on both. If there is a 1-2 minute difference, its time for service, a 10-20% error could get you into trouble. If the problem is after a dive with one clipped to a D-ring and the other on your wrist, I wouldn't be surprised as the depth difference between the two during the dive could account for the difference, just plan with the more conservative computer.

Bob
---------------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom