Eating Out around Sabang?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WOODMAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am working up a dive trip to the Little Lalaguna area, and my resort offered breakfasts as part of the deal. Full board meals costs about $30 extra per person per day. ??? For lunch and dinner each day? From what I have been picking up, one can eat very well around Sabang for a heck of a lot less, or so it seems. What do you guys think? All input gratefully appreciated. Woody

Well there is the El Galleon or point bar. they have a nice b-b-q I believe on thursdays.
In small la laguna you could get a meal, dinner, at the full moon. they also have a bar on the beach that has a happy hour from 5p-10p with cold san mig.
One of my favorites is a place called Cataquis. It is over in Big lalaguna. It is the first place you come to after you pass the small cottages on the beach. It is a yellow building, very small on the beach. They serve breakfast, lunch, and dinner, plus drinks at a very reasonable price. Very friendly locals place. Plus they will watch you stuff if you decide to go for a swim. Very laid back outside dining place.

Hmmm , sounds to me that the resort stands to benefit more than you will.For that price I would be expecting a juicy steak for every meal.

There's so many different places to choose from in that area ,I wouldn't recommend chaining yourself to one place for all your meals especially if you plan on staying at that resort for anything more than a few days,you'll be bored after a few days.

You can eat for cheaper on your own. I believe the 3 course lunch at Papa Fred's Steakhouse is about 300 pesos. Good food too.

There are a few suggestions in my trip report here

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ph...uerto-galera-trip-report-aug-sept-2013-a.html

I think you would be bored eating in the same place all the time as walking end to end Sabang - Big L only takes half an hour. There are loads of good places to find and $30 each sounds top dollar.

In addition to places mentioned already - Vesuvious pizza was good and the place opposite does great shakes. There is a Chinese place above a dive shop (in Small L I think) that I was told was really good. I didn't try Hemmingways or Papa Freds as they were empty when I walked past but they looked fine.

Have a great trip!

Why limit your option? There are plenty of options available.
With so many Korean resorts you might even want to try Kimchee etc etc!!
BTW, if the food in your resort is NOT to your liking then you are !@#$%.

This is sort of what I figured. So there are many and varied options for meals within a relatively close walk to the resort (El Galleon). Any other recommendations from those of you who know the area? Any opinions are cheerfully considered. Woody

BBQ at Capt'n Gregg's and wash it down with the Gin Juice.
Sitting on the upstair restaurant, you have a good panoramic view on the whole Sabang Beach during day time.

Within 500 metres in either direction there is a whole load of different options. I like Vesuvio's , Tamarind and Papa Freds steakhouse and the theme nights at Blue Ribbon.

You'd be crazy to take that deal

All of the places mentioned above are good and could be dined for less than $30/day. Another cheap, good option is Relax Thai, it's down a small alley next to Broadway/Hammerhead. The Deli also does good burgers & hotdogs if you don't mind waiting. Small Shot near the barrier junction is another low-cost option, opposite Friendship Bar.

There is a Chinese place above a dive shop (in Small L I think) that I was told was really good

It's in Sabang Bay, towards the Point between Hemmingways and Rafaels - above Beer Shark maybe, I forget

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom