Tear in Oceanic viper fin - is this typical?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

charlier

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hi all - my wife uses Oceanic Viper vins. They are less than a year old and used for about 80 dives. We live in Singapore - all of our trips are on LOB's and mostly in Indonesia. Before our last dive trip, my wife noticed a small tear in the top of the foot pocket - see attached photograph (we taped the tear with duct tape during her most recent dive trip). Is this common with Oceanic Viper fins? Thanks.
photo1.JPG

photo2.JPG

This is the first I've heard of it although I'm sure you're not the first. I own some Vipers more than 200 dives by the time I put them into retirement with no issues. Oceanic's customer service is awesome I'm sure they will make good. Good luck.

Looks like "Luggage Damage" due to bags being stacked upon each other during travels . Bags get stacked 4-5 high , if yours are on the bottom and there is a metal object in your bag this is the result , I had the same thing , cannot blame the gear.

Update on my wife's fins. Ken at Underwater Sports (Seattle) and Oceanic warranted the fins. Great service and help all around. Now we are ready to return to Singapore a after the holiday season.

Update on my wife's fins. Ken at Underwater Sports (Seattle) and Oceanic warranted the fins. Great service and help all around. Now we are ready to return to Singapore a after the holiday season.

Nice, like I said I've only heard great things about Oceanic's customer service so am not surprised. Glad it worked out for you. Enjoy your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom