Discounted Galapagos Trip for November 2013!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UCFalls

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Galapagos trip REDUCED! Save $1500!

Join us in the Galapagos from Nov 7-14 on the Galapagos Aggressor! We have one spot left that we are selling at $1500 off the normal price of $5687.

This includes the 7 nights on board the Galapagos Aggressor AND the domestic airfare from Guayaquil to Baltra and back. All you have to do is find your way to Guayaquil.

All staterooms are air conditioned and fitted with private bathrooms, TV/DVD, stereo CD player, and safe storage box.

Cooked to order breakfast everyday, buffet lunch, and elegant chef prepared dinners are prepared daily (no dinner on Wed night, as we will be dining in town at our own expense), in addition to mid-morning and mid-afternoon snacks.
Beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) are also included while onboard.

Tanks, weights, and weightbelts are included.

Maximum number of day dives offered in one day will be 4 (2 morning, 2 afternoon). Average total for the entire trip is 23 (weather permitting).

In addition, there will be opportunities for 2 night dives, AND land excursions!

On the last night in Galapagos (Wed), we will have dinner in town, not on the Aggressor.

What is not included:
R/T Airfare to/from Guayaquil and any hotel stay that might be necessary.
Galapagos Park Fee: $100 (cash only)
Galapagos Visitor Card: $10 (cash only)
Nitrox
Crew Gratuities
Meals while not onboard the Galapagos Aggressor.
Sales tax on all onboard services is 12%

Call Mike at 262-251-8283 to sign up!!! Or PM us here!

A recent post from a very well traveled diver about his experience in the Galapagos...

"If you are signed up to dive the Galapagos trip, be prepared to have your sox blown off! I have just returned and I want to say that this has been the most amazing experience of my 39 yrs of diving! I was already invited to Galap by a ccr student of mine, so I was not able to join UWC, but I know you will have an unbelievable good time.

It is mind boggling to be surrounded all day long by dolphins jumping on surface, swimming by uw as well as be surrounded 360 x 3D in hammerhead sharks, as well as numerous whale sharks! Turtles, eels, Galapagos sharks are everywhere and became 2nd class attractions "oh, another turtle" to the hammerheads, and whales ;o)

At Darwin's Arch you should swim out into the blue near dives end to see pregnant whale sharks glide past. Be prepared to be surrounded by schools of jacks, and many other fishes.

I suggest brining land cameras as you should see many iguanas, seals, boobies, and the tortoise are amazing. But consider very strongly a Go Pro 3 with an extension pole. This trip seriously warrants buying 2 Go Pros as you don't want to miss a moment. One on charger, one in water, or back up. In addition to my Go Pro I carried my cannon 7D in uw housing which is quite capable of video, however I was blown away by divers footage with the GoPro and extension pole. Get set up now with a system, accessories, memory cards, batteries.. (Yes I kick myself as I own an extension pole, sitting at home) but while my GoPro whale shark shots would have improved with this tool, I'm glad to have some fine shots.

We used a finger spool and uw surface marker buoy to signal boats for pick up. Stay with your guide, and carry the alert beacon if provided, and listen carefully to briefings.

Bring good durable gloves as barnacles cover all the rocks, and there are some strong currents . Be prepared to hunker down between the rocks to be low profile, avoid some current, but watch for stone fish. I wore a 5mm jumpsuit with hood, but there were times when temps reached 16c "chilly" and averaged 19c . It's warmer at Darwin, but a hooded vest and good suit are required. Some in my group wore tropic dry suits.

It's was my first Galapagos trip, having already enjoyed Cocos Isle but this cannot be only once in a life as you will want to return....

Enjoy!"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom