OCi bug

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

miz

New
Reaction score
Hi.

I have an Oceanic OCi which I believe has a software bug. I went to check the battery status today, and it seems to have frozen in this mode, within the dive mode (surfaced). Within the dive mode, the 'surface main' display is replaced with OCi BATT GOOD, and while I can scroll using the ADV button to view my previous dive, and the current time/temp, it returns back to OCi BATT GOOD, rather than the 'surface main' display which should be showing. I can also access the compass mode, watch mode, and main menus within each mode, but I can't get rid of "OCi BATT GOOD".

I also tried turning off the transmitted 1, so it wouldn't attempt a link, but it also randomly displayed TMT1 BATT GOOD, with SPG displayed (well out of range of the transmitter). The manual says it should spend 3 seconds going through the battery status of the transmitters, and then return to the usual norm/surf mode.

My OCi's SN is 491, and using revision 1A01.

I would REALLY not like to reset the computer and lose the dives I currently have stored in there, so any other fix would be great.

Anyone have any ideas?

---------- Post added October 7th, 2013 at 03:10 PM ----------

Few hours later, it came good.

Is it possible that the OCi sensors were still damp? Reason I ask is because I have had a similar situation with my Oceanic pdc. It only happens when I've not managed to ensure the ports and sensors are dry.

There is a new firmware version, try to update it and see if the problem continues.

Current firmware version confirmed by Oceanic tech support is

Firmware version 1C.02

I found their online tech support to be quick and responsive.

Unfurtunatly also Firmware 1c02 has a serious bug.

if you enter the menu or use the compass in divemode. The internal clock stops counting the seconds. I reported this bug yesterday. Hope to get an answer soon.

It would be nice to get an answer from Oceanic on this thread or board for that matter. Their customer service center is great but if you're going to have a manufactures board you should at least have someone monitoring it looking to help customers. I too have an OCi and would like an answer to this problem. Thanks Oceanic.

I'm also having issues with my OCi and I'm leaving for a trip in 2 weeks. Bought it in August, used it on a 1-week trip in September and just saw last week that the battery is already dead. Replaced the battery tonight and the computer started beeping and is now stuck in what looks like dive mode with a frozen NDC countdown. I was annoyed enough that the battery died when this thing has barely been used, I had several years and well over 100 dives before I had to replace the battery on my last computer. Now I'm just disgusted that I have to deal a frozen computer right before I leave for a trip. Calling Oceanic tomorrow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom