Crispy webbing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Atsbits

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello,

I've bought a transpac/recwing combo recently. I've done 7 dives with the setup since purchase. I just wanna know when will the webbing start to soften because I'm trying to get the perfect fit before trimming off all excess bits.

Is there a trick to softening it other than diving it regularly?

Other than the webbing, great set up, I'm loving it!

Webbing around the waist. Struggling to adjust the d-rings and SS buckle. And they don't seem to sit right after adjustment. Would it be advisable then to swap out the webbing for softer material? What is the reason for so stiff webbing?

From my experience, The webbing will "soften" or become more supple, the more you dive it.

For D-ring adjustments etc. the best way I've found is to remove one side of the slide, adjust the D-ring where you want it on the webbing, and hold it in place (palm on top of the D ring and slide) as you re-thread the webbing and pull tight. That's the best way to have the D-ring and slide sit straight.

I wouldn't switch out the material, I'm pretty sure its stiff so if/when you clip stage bottles and other heavy accessories to the D-rings on the waist webbing nothing moves or comes out of adjustment; that would be my guess.

depending on the kind of diving you are doing the webbing may harden over time. to keep it soft or get it softer rise all salt residue off and any organic material and then soak in a tub of water and fabric softener.

I personally wash my gear in Dref (hypo allergenic detergent) and then soak in a tub with a cap full of downy.

hope this helps.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Buy some softer webbing, it's not expensive, try it out and figure out what you like. I favor the stiffer webbing, but that's just me, don't have the internet make up your mind.

Bob
---------------------------
There is no problem that can't be solved with a liberal application of sex, tequila, money, duct tape, or high explosives, not necessarily in that order.

You may find that with soft webbing the d rings move too easily and won't stay in place. But all you can do is try. The webbing will soften up with use. A word of caution if you plan to scooter keep the crotch webbing stiff to distribute the force otherwise you end up with a power thong.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom