A List of Modern Sidemount Systems (complete)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Thought I'd share my project for today. I've put together a list/details of all commonly available sidemount systems, along with links/specs etc.

A List of Modern Sidemount Diving Systems

There are a few blanks... please help with those. Also if I've missed anything relevant...

attachment.php

Thanks. I'm looking to go sidemount if I resume my deep dives (beyond recreational limits) for filming and scientific monitoring.

I've added/am collating a further list of stand-alone harness options and other components. Trying to make it as inclusive as possible.

Did you see the Manta Industries link I posted for you in the other thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yep, the Manta is on there. Just trying find a link to a manual for it, and the weight, to complete the specs.

You have two different manta rigs combined as one. The pics and specs are a manta made by some manufacturer I never heard of. The link you provide, www.mantaind.com is the manta industries rig that I use. Two completely different rigs.

ScubaPro has a SM rig and HOG's got one in the works, too. Hopefully both will be on display at DEMA.

Yep... waiting for them. I want to list commercially (or semi-commercially) available rigs. They need a website that the reader can click through to for more info/specs/where to order etc.

You have two different manta rigs combined as one. The pics and specs are a manta made by some manufacturer I never heard of. The link you provide, www.mantaind.com is the manta industries rig that I use. Two completely different rigs.

This confused me also - because they looked very similar and I kinda guessed there would be issues with two "Manta Sidemount" on the market....(?)

Can we catagorically confirm that they aren't separate traders selling the same rig (under license?) or something to that effect (to satisfy CE etc) ?

Manta Sidemount System « Manta Industries & Highseas Millwork

Dive System sidemount Manta

There isn't a clear picture of the rig on the mantaind.com website. There is on the divesystem.it website. The pull-dumps look different... anything else? Are they definitely different James?

100% different. The shape of the bladder is quite a bit different. I can post pictures of mine in a little bit to show you the differences. The only problem being that mine has modifications made to it such as a different buttplate and different bungee set up.

One system is called Manta the other system is by a company called manta industries.

Back
Top Bottom