Just completed my PRISM2 CCR course, Love the unit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tstormdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I just completed my CCR course on the PRISM2 last week. My instructor took me well beyond the basic concepts of it. He taught me in depth how the sensors work, how to monitor the sensors for proper function, how to properly assemble, disassemble & routine maintenance of the unit. He reviewed skills over & over again until it became muscle memory. I feel as if I can handle anthing that may arise. Now to get the required experince & hours on it to go through CCR Cave with him.

What a fantastic unit! The ease of breathing is very nice, the quiet ( Oh... so sweet quiet!). The ease of breathing is phenominal! This unit was certainly a right fit for me & my goals!

Welcome to the Silent World. I've been diving mine since September 15th, 2012 and Love it. I added the smaller counter lungs (I was the test case for those) and BOV to mine.

I just completed my CCR course on the PRISM2 last week. My instructor took me well beyond the basic concepts of it. He taught me in depth how the sensors work, how to monitor the sensors for proper function, how to properly assemble, disassemble & routine maintenance of the unit. He reviewed skills over & over again until it became muscle memory. I feel as if I can handle anthing that may arise. Now to get the required experince & hours on it to go through CCR Cave with him.

What a fantastic unit! The ease of breathing is very nice, the quiet ( Oh... so sweet quiet!). The ease of breathing is phenominal! This unit was certainly a right fit for me & my goals!

Hi Tammy,

Congratulations on finishing the course and welcome to silent diving! Let us know if you have any questions or further comments. I'm looking forward to reading more as you get familiar with the Prism 2.

I've been looking at picking up that unit as well. Can I ask what other units you've certified on and how it compares?

Unfortunately, this is my first go round on CCR, so I have no comparison & not much help to you there. Even so, I'm very impressed with it & its capability to grow with me. I did research the unit thoroughly for the type of diving I would like to do on it.

---------- Post added October 15th, 2013 at 05:11 PM ----------

Welcome to the Silent World. I've been diving mine since September 15th, 2012 and Love it. I added the smaller counter lungs (I was the test case for those) and BOV to mine.

I'm looking forward to diving mine this weekend (first time outside of training). I also have the smaller counterlungs. Love them. They're not the easiest to get over my shoulders when gearing up, but I love the fact that my buoyancy is much more solid with them,... not quite the buoyancy swings I had with the larger ones. Being female, we tend to have smaller lungs than the guys anyway, so it has been perfect for me. I do not have the BOV, but I am just going to use off board bailouts.

---------- Post added October 15th, 2013 at 05:14 PM ----------

Hi Tammy,

Congratulations on finishing the course and welcome to silent diving! Let us know if you have any questions or further comments. I'm looking forward to reading more as you get familiar with the Prism 2.

Hey Nick! Thanks! Larry (Babcock) really taught me well. I have been impressed with the ease of use & the way I can see this unit growing with me. Yes, I will certainly ask questions, as they arise. Planning to go to DEMA this year, so maybe get a chance to meet you? I will certainly keep you in the loop as to my progress!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom