LED15 Can Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kronek

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Looking at buying a LED15 can light, wondering how they hold up now? I've heard things about them not being all that they should be. Leaking, poor QC etc. I love my Hollis, so just wondering if they are worth it now?

I love my Hollis equipment but I'm wondering about my LED15. I've been diving it for almost a year when all of a sudden the housing flooded on a training dive. the ring that seals the glass in place came loose. this light had been all the way down to 150fsw and no problems until this. so Ok stuff happens, I send it back to the factory and get it back about 2 weeks later. On the second dive after getting it back the head floods again, this time from the cord which flooded the head lamp and the battery.

I know of at least 2 other led15s that have had headlamp flooding issues and had to be sent in for repair.

So again it went back to Hollis and I'm waiting to see when I get it back. don't get me wrong I love Hollis and all the other gear they make ( I own a bunch). I'm just thinking that I maybe should have gone with the LED25 instead, I haven't heard of any issues with the LED25.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I love my LED15, never had any issues with it as far as flooding or overall QC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom