Nehalem Bay Underwater Cleanup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nehalembay

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
We are Jessica & Brittany from Tillamook High School, in Tillamook Oregon. Every year it is tradition that Seniors complete a senior service learning project in order to graduate. This year Jessica and I are holding the Nehalem Bay Underwater CleanUp. We are asking you to please come join us, or help us out in any way. We Need divers, donations, and support. So if you could, Please write us and let us know.

When: Earth day weekend, Saturday April 24th, 2004 at
10 a.m.
Where: Nehalem Bay Located behind the Jetty Fishery.
(you can find directions at mapquest.com)

Please contact us and let us know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Nehalembay:
Hi,
We are Jessica & Brittany from Tillamook High School, in Tillamook Oregon. Every year it is tradition that Seniors complete a senior service learning project in order to graduate. This year Jessica and I are holding the Nehalem Bay Underwater CleanUp. We are asking you to please come join us, or help us out in any way. We Need divers, donations, and support. So if you could, Please write us and let us know.

When: Earth day weekend, Saturday April 24th, 2004 at
10 a.m.
Where: Nehalem Bay Located behind the Jetty Fishery.
(you can find directions at mapquest.com)

Please contact us and let us know. It would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your commitment to cleaning up the water!
Sounds like a great sevice, keep us posted, If I am in town that weekend, you can count me in. I know quite a few divers in Salem that may be interested as well.

Thank you!!! We Greatly appreciate any help needed. Please anyone who can come and wants to come, Please come join us. Thank you for you support!!!

Anyone ever done any diving in Nehalem Bay? What should I expect for vis, currents, depth, etc.?

Nehalembay:
Thank you!!! We Greatly appreciate any help needed. Please anyone who can come and wants to come, Please come join us. Thank you for you support!!!

Do you have an address of where to meet? My daughter (15) and I would like to participate.

The vision at the dive sight should be anywher from 15 to 20 feet, depth is about 35 to 40 ft, the tide will be switching at about 11 so we want to be in the water by 10 o'clock. The dive is beautiful. The address to the fishery is 27550 Hwy 101 N. Rockaway beach, Or.

Nehalembay:
The vision at the dive sight should be anywher from 15 to 20 feet, depth is about 35 to 40 ft, the tide will be switching at about 11 so we want to be in the water by 10 o'clock. The dive is beautiful. The address to the fishery is 27550 Hwy 101 N. Rockaway beach, Or.
This may be a stupid question but, does the Fishery know that there will be divers coming to plung off there docks? The reason I ask is cause I have inquired about diving there before and an infatic "NO" was the answer. There main customers are fishermen that do not like divers. I am guessing that you have got there blessing on this?
I would love to do a little clean-up and get a chance to show others that divers are the coolest people on the planet! :mrcool:

UWSojourner:
Anyone ever done any diving in Nehalem Bay? What should I expect for vis, currents, depth, etc.?
I have never dove the Nehalem but if it is like Barview the vis will be dependant on the rainfall that has dropped in the days before, and the tidel exchange.
I hope I can make it. I and a buddy have been talking of checking it out for a couple of years. We just don't feel like packing the gear up over the sand and jetty for it. From the docks would be to cool!

Jessica and I, have both checked with Kelly at the fishery, before we planned the event and he agreed to let us use the fishery for our cleanup. We hope to see you there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom