Trip Report Addu Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

acidrush

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I just came back from a trip to Shangri La Vilingili.

This was mainly a holiday with my wife who is a non-diver, however, I managed to squeeze a few dives in.

I did 4 dives in Addu, I can't remember the name of the 1st 2 sites but it had very healthy hard corals. We did one of the Manta points on the 3rd dive and it was an awesome experience with 6-8 mantas constantly around the cleaning station. Viz was great as well.

We did the 4th dive on the British Loyalty wreck. That for me was the highlight of the trip. The wreck is lying on its side, 140+m long and is over grown with hard corals. Lots of pipe fish on the wreck. I can easily do another 6 dives on the wreck and not get bored. Bring a good torch if you are planning to do the wreck as there are lots of places to explore.

The resort was great as well, we had a water villa. The sand around the villas are filled with shrimp gobies. Further out there are pipe fishes, Parrot fish, angel fish, etc.

All in all, a great trip!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom