Subic Bay Info required.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aumexican

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi all
First. time there for a few days only.
Accomodation booked!

Who do I dive with?
Approximate cost per dive?
where do we eat?

+1 Devon Diver

I've never met him personally but from what I've read on SB he is a safety conscientious instructor who may help provide some excellent tuition as well as be able to put you in touch with a reputable operator.

+1 on Devon Diver, he lives in Subic Bay :wink:

Sorry for the slow reply, was off on a jaunt to HK and didn't check the board for a few days.

Who do I dive with?

To the OP: Where's your accommodation? What sort of diving are you looking for? ('vibe' of the center, dives per day, which sites etc?). Feel free to PM me.

Here's some generic info:

Philippines Visitor Advice

Subic Bay Travel Advice

History of Subic Bay

Subic Bay Dive Sites

Philippines Diving Emergency Contacts

Approximate cost per dive?

Approx 1500-1600php per dive, without equipment.

where do we eat?

SBMA area - Mostly Filipino and Korean restaurants - I'm not an expert on those. Texas Joe's (next to Boardwalk) does amazing TexMex. Extremely Expresso (2 mins from Boardwalk on the road behind) does great pizza/coffee. Bunches of food choices at the new Harbor Point Mall, including TGI Fridays etc etc etc

Barretto area - SitnBull Tavern for a good all-round, US-based menu at a great price - it's just off the highway on Del Pilar St. On the highway itself; Strombolli's for Pizza, Midnight Rambler for British food (lovely homemade pies and fish 'n chips), Bretto's for burgers, Arizona Resort for grill and seafood.

Baloy Area - Blue Rock Resort for awesome grill and seafood. Trader Ric's (next to Blue Rock) does great US-style food and bottomless coffee/ice-tea and lemonade. Johan's has a good European menu.

Back
Top Bottom