Ghost Ship Festival In Milwaukee!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nitroxbabe

Reaction score
Just thought I'd throw this out there, as I haven't seen anyone putting this info up yet...

Come check out the Ghost Ship Festival in Milwaukee - March 5 & 6th!

Purloined directly from their website is the following...

"Welcome to Ghost Ships

Join us in celebrating the 5th annual Ghost Ships Festival at the Four Points Sheraton Conference Center just across from the General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee.

Ghost Ships Festival is a conference devoted to Great Lakes Scuba Diving and Maritime History. Exhibits, workshops, and presentations cover just about every aspect of maritime history and Great Lakes scuba diving. You can listen to and interact with leading dive industry professionals, extreme explorers, maritime historians, and Great Lakes authors! Try your luck at the Ghost Ships raffle. Last year we gave away over $10,000 in raffle prizes!

The Ghost Ships Festival is hosted by the Great Lakes Shipwreck Research Foundation (GLSRF). We are a Wisconsin non profit (501 (C)(3)) corporation organized for the purpose of furthering public awareness of our Great Lakes marine heritage through education and research, and promoting conservation, study and responsible enjoyment of historic Great Lakes shipwrecks by divers and non divers alike.
Come be a part of Wisconsin’s Largest Scuba and Maritime Conference!"

Check out their website for more information at:

http://www.ghost-ships.org/

I'll be in attendace at the show as will several fellow members of the Urge to Submerge Dive Club out of West Bend Wis. I attended last year and found it to be a truely worthwhile show. The seminars are really interesting. Plan on staying all day and for the raffle at the end. They give away alot of really good stuff. Some lucky bugger even won a dry suit last year. I won a nitrox card and I never win anything.
So plan on coming down. You will not be disappointed.

Jim :coke:

Thanks, NitroxBabe, for the post! I just logged on and bought my ticket. Looks to be a great opportunity to learn more about the mysteries and historys of our local wrecks...can't wait!

nitroxbabe:
Just thought I'd throw this out there, as I haven't seen anyone putting this info up yet...

Come check out the Ghost Ship Festival in Milwaukee - March 5 & 6th!

Purloined directly from their website is the following...

"Welcome to Ghost Ships

Join us in celebrating the 5th annual Ghost Ships Festival at the Four Points Sheraton Conference Center just across from the General Mitchell International Airport in Milwaukee.

Ghost Ships Festival is a conference devoted to Great Lakes Scuba Diving and Maritime History. Exhibits, workshops, and presentations cover just about every aspect of maritime history and Great Lakes scuba diving. You can listen to and interact with leading dive industry professionals, extreme explorers, maritime historians, and Great Lakes authors! Try your luck at the Ghost Ships raffle. Last year we gave away over $10,000 in raffle prizes!

The Ghost Ships Festival is hosted by the Great Lakes Shipwreck Research Foundation (GLSRF). We are a Wisconsin non profit (501 (C)(3)) corporation organized for the purpose of furthering public awareness of our Great Lakes marine heritage through education and research, and promoting conservation, study and responsible enjoyment of historic Great Lakes shipwrecks by divers and non divers alike.
Come be a part of Wisconsin’s Largest Scuba and Maritime Conference!"

Check out their website for more information at:

http://www.ghost-ships.org/

It's finally time for the Ghost Ships Festival - tomorrow, Saturday, March 6th, at the Sheraton by Milwaukee's airport.

Tons of presentations (ever want to hear from one of the two people who have actually been to the Edmund Fitzgerald?) and exhibits, the show gets better every year.

Anyone interested in a little surface interval at Scooters in the Sheraton afterwards?

Link to lots of information about the show, including maps: Ghost Ships Festival

I'm going

reefraff:
It's finally time for the Ghost Ships Festival - tomorrow, Saturday, March 6th, at the Sheraton by Milwaukee's airport.

Tons of presentations (ever want to hear from one of the two people who have actually been to the Edmund Fitzgerald?) and exhibits, the show gets better every year.

Anyone interested in a little surface interval at Scooters in the Sheraton afterwards?

Link to lots of information about the show, including maps: Ghost Ships Festival

I'll join ya afterwords.

Probably be there first thing in the morning. Looks Kewl.

Hi, I made it to the Ghost Ships Festival this year. I really liked it. I did see Mike Ferrara and wife and another diver from the board. We were sponsers and were happy to help out such a great cause. They do a great work and are willing to share their inf. to all diver, maritime history buffs and the general public. Brendon Baillod is a wealth of inf. on Great Lakes shipwrecks. Their history and locations. I think his web site is: www.ship-wreck.com Please check it out and plan to attend next years festival. Capt. Mike

Back
Top Bottom