Oceanic B.U.D. (red color)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Black

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Oceanic B.U.D. (backup device) backup computer.

Actual unit depicted here:

DSC_0955.jpg

This Oceanic B.U.D. dual-algorithm computer supports Nitrox up to 50% for single-gas dives.
I was using it as a backup to my Oceanic VT4.1 to ensure I have information available even if the main computer fails.

It is usable as a basic depth-gauge and bottom timer as it will not completely lock out even if it thinks deco has been omitted. Run time and depth info remains available.

Oceanic's original product description follows:

Set it and forget it. The B.U.D. is a long overdue idea and a great way to ensure that you never have to miss a dive. Clip it off or stow it in a pocket and forget about it. B.U.D. is a universal backup dive computer that uses Dual Algorithm technology allowing you to adjust your dive computer's settings to closely match just about any other dive computer on the market making it the perfect backup device. You should never have to use it, but if you do need it, your B.U.D. will be there to save your next dive. This new Dive Computer is a must for every diver to carry because no matter what computers you are using, you will be able to set your B.U.D. to closely match any computers profile using the Oceanic Patented DUAL ALGORITHM.

Looking for: USD 100 inc. shipping withing USA.

Curious why you are selling it? Do you still have the vt4?

Sent from my Note 3 on Tapatalk

Yeah I just put the VT 4.1 on here for sale at the same time. I will not be using the Oceanic products anymore. Going with Xdeep and Shearwater as I am transitioning into technical diving.

maybe i'm going color blind, but the subject says it's red, but the picture shows it to be black?

All BUDs I have seen have a black front bezel and the colors are the entire back of the unit and the battery cover as well as a the text background on the printed items around the LCD display.

We have a yellow one here, too and it is clear which one is which from either the front or the back.

I have heard that there are some models where the entire unit is entirely painted in a given color but mine are definitely black bezel with the color only in the text background and the back of the unit.

Here are two more pics of a "yellow" one and a "red" one side by side back and front. Hope that makes more sense now.
IMG_20131107_193225.jpgIMG_20131107_193233.jpg

Are both of those for sale? My husband and I are looking for back computers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom