whats the water temp at lake eerie?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

justin-branam

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
my dive shop here in houston is planning a trip to see some of the wrecks in lake eerie in september and they said water temp is 75-80. im gonna have to callbS on that. what is the water temp at depth usually around that time? thanks.

I'd call BS on that too!

I know I just live down the road from it, but I can't tell you what the "norm" is, but 75 is pretty warm for Erie! 80 is only attained for 2 seconds around the general area of your shorts when you P!ss.

Which wrecks you doing????

DeepScuba:
Which wrecks you doing????

thats what i thought. im not sure which wrecks, all they have told me is there are some old 19th century wrecks and that it will be a fun trip. i told them it sounds like since its so fun, they should pay for me to go. they just stared.

Depending on depth, the Boland at 130 is usually around 60 that time of year. The Straubenzie at 200 is still around 40. :wink:

justin-branam:
my dive shop here in houston is planning a trip to see some of the wrecks in lake eerie in september and they said water temp is 75-80. im gonna have to callbS on that. what is the water temp at depth usually around that time? thanks.

Now the very western part of Lake Erie could hit 70 but then the ave. depth is 15 feet!!!! I don't think you want to dive this end of the lake.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom