How do I find an SEI instructor?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's because there isn't one as yet. I have been pushing for one for a while but what we ran into is SEI Instructors who are happy with the level of business they have now and don't want to be listed. If you want to find one the best way is to call SEI HQ and ask them for an instructor in your desired area.
Another reason some do not wish to be listed is due to the number of spam emails you get when you are public. Like me. I have several filters to deal with that.

You wouldn't need to publish email addresses - just a list of names/dive shops would probably be sufficient. An online directory is by far the easiest way for a prospective diver to find a dive school that is SEI, or to verify that a dive school or instructor claiming to be SEI really is certified. As someone who has shopped around for instruction recently, this is a huge deal.

Sounds like they need a new Director of Sales Prevention.

:D

Sounds like they need a new Director of Sales Prevention.

:D
No, it sounds like the current director of sales prevention is doing just fine!

Reactions: RJP
I have been pushing for this since 2008. They just won't. They want people to call or email. While it will always be my main agency for OW training, UW Nav, and Advanced since I wrote the courses I teach, it is one of the reasons I crossed over to SDI/TDI and now teach for both.

One of the things I know to be true, but do not understand, is that we have instructors that simply do not want any more students than they have. 90% , if I had to guess, do not teach for nor own shops. They are independents that teach at universities, YMCA's, high schools, or out of their garages. I wanted to see them put a list up of those of us who want to be found. Sometimes you get tired of pushing the mountain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom