Dauin Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

orenbvip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So second time to PH. Ive done PG and Malapascua and I want to try a new place. I hear Dauin has a good mix as I can do muck and still dive apo island? Any recommendation for a good shop (budget preferred).

Overall how do people like Dauin?

I've gone to Dauin 3/3 trips to the PI and will consider returning when I next go to the PI. During all 3 visits, I stayed at El Dorado. Their dive guides, Rey and Lito, are top-notch, IMO. Rooms include AC and TV, and the restaurant has a wide selection. Compared to other resorts in the area, I've found them to be affordable, especially for a solo traveller.

My guess is you'll get more recommendations for Mike's, but I found them pricier than El D. so I've stayed away.

If you want some time off from diving, Dumaguete is nearby and worth exploring as are nearby towns whose names escape me. Last trip down, I made a point to go to Valencia, I think, to see the waterfall. Helluva lotta stairs, but worth the effort.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Hi orenbvip,

Dauin is great! Dauin has sandy slope muck dives and you can find lot´s weird macro creatures there.
For cheap and good budget dive operator i would recomment Scuba Ventures.
I paid 850peso per dive with equipment for beach entry dives. Sanctuary fee for Dauin is 150peso/dive and 50peso more if u have camera.
Their shop is in dumaguete and they pick you up from your hotel in the morning for free. It´s 15-20min drive to Dauin From Dumaguete.
SV has also boat trips to Apo Is.
2011 i dove with Mike´s beach resort, they have also dive shop in Dumaguete (Adventure Dive). Mike´s is also good operator and if you want to stay in Duma, they pick you up from there.

Have fun!

Kimi

I dived with Mike's Scuba resort and stayed right next door as the rooms there were only 950 php per night - fan and hot water. They don't mind making arrangements for you. I can't afford their rooms as a single diver although they are quite nice.

Another vote here for Mikes. Boutique, top-notch operator with excellent guides. And, as mentioned, you can keep costs right down by staying in the cheap place next door, which Mike can also arrange. Mikes was one of our favorite dive shops in the Philippines. Full marks!

Have a look at Liquid as well. Stayed there, was impressed with the guides and the whole operation.

Loved it while we were there last year.......See my pics from there, all sets are on the second row here:
GEAUXtiger's photosets on Flickr

Overall how is the diving there? This would be for dec.

I've been there in November. It's number three for me after Malapascua and Alona Beach, Bohol. I'm a uw photographer enthusiast so if I come away with some good images i'm usually happy. When diving Dauin the shop will usually get you over to Apo Island or even Siguijor for a day long three dive trip. Apo is quite nice but i've had my best dive experiences there when staying on the island. Dauin can be a bit too quite if there aren't many divers at Mike's. Again the critters are of the hide in the sand type just not as plentiful and say Lembeh straits but then you don't have all the garbage either. You can check my Flickr photos i have them tagged with location. You could easily dive Dauin and Bohol if you have enough time. They are only a 3-4 hour ferry ride apart - I have usually combined the two or in combination with Malapascua.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom