Loops for spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billt4sf

Contributor
Reaction score
Fayetteville GA, Wash DC, NY, Toronto, SF
# of dives
500 - 999
My wife has spring straps which we like -- except that they lack that little loop to grab to take them on and off. We end up struggling to get a gloved finger under the strap. The transition from land creature to water creature is not a good place to struggle!

Does anyone know how we can get those loops? Or maybe kludge something together ourselves? We can't be the first one with this problem.

- Bill

Try the big Ty-wraps......But they do make after-market spring straps w/those loops for just about any brand fin.......

You might try putting your gloved finger under the spring strap on the side of the fin rather than at the heel. It is much easier to do that way.

Putting a loop of small bungee around the strap will also give you something to grip and it works to clip the fins off too.

I took my spring straps off several years ago and began using bungees. They're much easier to get on and off, easy to put a finger between them and the fin and a lot cheaper. I get around 500-600 dives before I replace them.

DSCF2972.jpg

Bungee_strap.jpg

Another way is to take the existing strap, trim the loop, then take a small chunk of small to medium diameter bungee with knotson each of this he ends. Lay it parallel to the existing rubber spring cover and tye wrap it in using a couple medium tyes. Just went through this exercise until I rembered my wife had an unused set I could steal. Using a tablet from Cozumel and the the auto correct sucks.:)

What kind of attachment point do have on your fins? I use spring straps like the ones on this fin and they are great. They are available as a stand alone accessory.

GP1004X4.jpg

I just put my fingers in on the side closer to the buckle and then run it back to my heel. I never have any problem, even w/ 7mm gloves. Mine have a tab that I don't use. Don't know that that's helpful, but basically what Dsix36 said. So +1 of what he said I guess.

Ive got a set of Mares springs.--they come with a built in loop

I sewed some 2" webbing onto Adeline's fin straps, since the XS Scuba straps were too small for dry gloves.

Ive got a set of Mares springs.--they come with a built in loop

+1 on Mares, never seen spring straps without a loop to pull on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom