Diving in Nassau?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubatuba

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello!

I am a recently certified diver and I have jsut booked a very last minute cruise to the Bahamas. I would love to do a dive in Nassau because our visibility stinks in my area and I'd love to experience what Nassau has to offer.

Does anyone have recommendations for charters there? I don't want to use the cruise line for anything and I have no idea where to even begin about thinking about this.

On New Providence, you essentially have two options - Bahama Divers or Stuart Coves. There are a couple very small 6 packs, but BD and SC are the two major operators. SC is the biggest of those. BD is located near the bridge to Paradise Island. SC It is located on the far other end of the island (about a 30-40 min drive from the cruise terminal). Both will pick you up and drop you back off, though.

SC is a great operation. Yes, they are bigger, but they still don't do "cattle boats" IMO. They have lots of boats and do a good job grouping divers on boats accordingly to experience and taking them to appropriate sites. There are many shallow sites (both patch reefs and even wrecks), so be very open with the shop about your skill level and preference and they will put you on the right boat. SC does a lot of work for the film and tv industries. You might recognize their shop and boats. You will have fun! Post a trip report when you get back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Thank you all for the information!! I really hope we can work this out to enjoy a dive while we're down there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom