Top 3 Hot New Products at the 2013 DEMA SHOW

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiverWire

Contributor
Reaction score
(DiverWire) The DEMA 2013 Show in Orlando may have just ended, but the sights, sounds, and exciting new additions to the diving world are still coming to light. Though the Vegas DEMA show is often known to draw a larger crowd, Orlando was no slouch this year. The traffic on the floor was impressive, with show-goers flocking to booths to get their hands on the newest equipment.1.) Sea Dragon by SeaLifeSealife Cameras, one of the go-to names in underwater photography, was offering a hands-on demo of their new Sea Dragon lighting packages. Show attendees were able to see how the flex-connect system attaches easily, even while operating with gloved hands or in icy water.[caption id="attachment_12448" align="aligncenter" width="278"]...
Keep reading: Top 3 Hot New Products at the 2013 DEMA SHOW on Diverwire.com

More...

Cool. Now instead of finding GoPro cameras with the head mount elastic straps that pop off people's heads when they giant stride into the St Lawrence River, we'll find masks with attached GoPros that get ripped off by the current while they hang on the mooring line to the Vickery.

Yawn. Is that the best ya got?

Pretty much, the industry really did not have a lot of new items. I thought the show was stale. Which is not surprising given the economics. GoPro seemed to be doing the best in terms of foot traffic. Everyone needs their 15 seconds of stupidity. GoPro the digital home movie camera - people hated watching home movies back when they were film in the 60s and 70s and nothing has change since then. Although I will admit when my old girlfriend's dad brought out home movies of them water skiing it was pretty cool to see Clint Eastwood skiing with them - but that was back when he was not suffering from dementia and talking to empty chairs.

I was also disappointed at the lack of anything really exciting and new. Clearly imaging is a huge business -- everybody seemed to have cameras, lights (dive lights were everywhere, with a lot of names I'd never heard), or strobe arm systems. Rebreathers are clearly hot, although there doesn't seem to be anything NEW out -- the Poseidon MK 7 seems to be just an unlocked MK 6 with a fancier cover.

My father used to say that the auto manufacturers worked on a several year cycle . . . they'd come out with a new model, and then for the next few years, just fiddle with the headlights and put more chrome on them, until they finally came out with something actually NEW. I think we're putting chrome on stuff right now.

Thnx for posting. Couple of people I know who attended the show were very satisfied

I talked to a couple of folks who attended. They thought it was a great event. And who knows about Clint Eastwood? With everything going on maybe he was right to talk to an empty chair. ;-)

My father used to say that the auto manufacturers worked on a several year cycle . . . they'd come out with a new model, and then for the next few years, just fiddle with the headlights and put more chrome on them, until they finally came out with something actually NEW. I think we're putting chrome on stuff right now.

Welcome to world of tech. Just look at smart phone progression over the last six years.

Back
Top Bottom