Far South Maldives is it worthy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xabain2003

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I've been done twice the north cruise and I was considering the Far south of maldives for another cruise.

Is it worthy to pay the price in comparation with the North.

And another question , I know in the north that there are a few Hyperbaric Chambers but what happens if you are in Addu Atoll for example...

Regards
Xabain2003

Hi Supergaijin

Thanks a lot for you reply, good to know that there is a facility in the area, you never know.

I hope somebody who has done a cruise in the south could also comment.

Thanks
Regards
Xabain2003

Hi Xabain2003

There are 6 recompression chamber facilities in the Maldives archipelago. The largest is situated on Bandos Island, approximately 15 minutes by speed boat from Male. Other facilities can be found at Kuredu, Kuramathi Resort, Shangri-La Village Resort, Sun Island and Kandoludhoo Island.

Reports from our guests and are frequently good for diving in the far south (Huvadhoo Atoll / Gaafu Alifu) with consistent sightings of grey reef sharks and eagle rays. Last year we found a spot where leopard sharks were mating and other shark species are frequently seen. Schools of tuna, jacks and snappers are common.

Much of the diving is channels or kandu so sites are current dependent. no current = little marine life. Our yacht Maldives Siren only operates there for a very short (Jan-Mar) period because of this. Trip prices are the same as when diving in the north however you would need to take a return domestic flight to Kooddoo from Male to join the liveaboard so you would need to factor in that extra cost.

Cheers & all the best,
Siren Fleet

Hi Xabain2003!

The Southern atolls of the Maldives are awesome for their 'Big' stuff! I've dived all over the Maldives in the past 20yrs and the southern atolls are the best for me so far. I'm currently planning a trip to the southern atolls of Fuah Mulah and Huvadhoo from 1st - 8th March 2014. It's going to be a small group and the diving will be very exclusive and awesome! Please have a look at the linked video, that was taken this year in Fuah Mulah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kehu-hUkvzM

If you need any information just drop me an email: dive@atollscuba.com

Best

Shaff

Hi

Thanks all for your replies
Shaf, I am trying to see the video but it says that does not exists..

I dove with MY Sheena liveaboard a few months ago .... Totally worth it.

Bansi

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom