Does anyone have damage reports from the Moalboal area?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Though I have not been there, I was at DEMA in Orlando last week through Saturday with one of the owners of Magic Island Resort in Moalboal. Our LDS is going there with a group of 21 in February. We hung out with her Thursday while she worried about what would happen and, thankfully, she told us on Friday that her husband reported only mild damage and that power was only briefly out. As she said, "Now we have to turn our attention to our friends and colleagues who were hit very hard". So, at least by way of hearing from Desiree at Magic Island in Moalboal, damage was relatively light.

Rob

I agree with the above reply. I am heading to the Philippines in January and have been scrutinizing the face book pages of the resort's in the areas. The northern quarter perhaps of Cebu has been badly hit ,but south of that seems to be fine. Turtle Bay and Magic Island say on their FB pages that at worst minimal damage has been done and that the resorts are fully operational. I have no plans to change my trip.

Best fishes xx

Good to hear that Turtle Bay is OK & alive & well, was wondering how they faired..........btw, can't go wrong with staying & diving with them.......

Back
Top Bottom