Uk Instructor - Working around the world advice - Thailand etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thatdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello everyone

I have just spent the summer in Spain working as a DM and loved every second of it and will be returning in April to complete my IDC with the company who are also going to take me on full time for the session should i pass

i really want to give the diving world a good go and travel while working - i have no ties and i am not worried about how much money i make - as long as i can live and eat and save enough for equipment, and the next flight / course.

The post in Spain will take me up till October which is great but i do not want to return to the UK for the winter again like i was forced to this year due to having to save for the IDC.

What the way to get your first step in the likes of Thailand? - i have been told to just fly to the country and go round the dive schools - but i am worried about Visa etc - for the guys in the uk how did you do it?

I am more thinking about the winter time as i love the school in Spain and hope to return every year, but don't get me wrong i would like to find my place in the world and settle into the diving career.

what countries cry out for divers and work is available for the right person, and how do you go about approaching them?

I am 25 i will be looking to climb the ladder fast :)

Many thanks for your help!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom