suggested sites to go for only 1 week in Maldives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I'm an advanced diver, but old(er). My 1st certification was in 1974. My wife is not a diver. We're looking for best place in Maldives to stay for 2nd week in January where she can relax (maybe small resort), and I can dive out of. I keep looking and it looks like there's so many great places to dive. I just want really clear water for photography, and of course, as much flora and fauna I can see, preferably with some pelagics. I need help to figure this out. Ol' Dock Diver

Hello ol`dock diver.
just came home from 2 weeks on Thulagiri - North Male Atoll - where i had a great time. Thulagiri is only 20 min. boatride from the airport, so no waste of time, if you there only for a week. There is a big laguna for swimming, a big beach area, nice single bungalows ( best 120 to 126 ), great food and a housereef, where you see already a lot. We had beside a lot of differnt fish , turtel , oktopuss, white or blacktipped shark on every !! snorkeltrip. Diving was great with colourfull reefs ( Hans Hass place , Paradise rock, Banana Reef , Barakuda Giri for example ) and mantas a two different dive sites.

Have a look at Athuruga and Thudufushi islands, they have great reefs nearby and nice SPAs on the island :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom