xDEEP pre-sale at DRIS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MRTdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
$429. Pre-orders are now available at DRIS. BTW those are nice guys over there.
maybe it will arrive just before Christmas? :xmas3: But no one knows.

The xDEEP Black BT is just a bottom timer (BT) right now. Later users can upgrade it to a dive computer. add ~$200 for Air/EANx (Enriched Air Nitrox) dive computer version.

So once available users can purchase either the Air/Nitrox or Trimix upgrade versions. It's just a user software upgrade.

I spent $925 for a Liquivision with extra batteries, screen protector, etc.
From vid I seen the xDEEP's display is as good as or better ~$291 price difference vs. xDEEP EANx version.

xDEEP PDF manual. I expect some bugs since this is a brand new dive computer, but here's some features I like... :thumbs_up:

> advanced compass features - tells you when you're off course & more Cf. pg 19 in manual

> 32-bit Cortex M3 Processor - powerful processor with large memory

> 3 different screens (Cf. pgs 15-19 manual. Watch 40sec into video or 6:10 into this vid)

(1) Main Dive Info screen - user adjustable colors...
xdeep-black-bottom-timer.jpg

(2) Compass screen 528d12907dc1c-features_compass.jpg
(3) Dive Profile screen:
#2.jpg

> 1.8’’ OLED display - clear and vivid. Full color, high resolution

Attachments

• 62681867.jpg
    62681867.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 421
Last edited:
I have to say, it looks REALLY good. But the thing is, I already have a Uwatec Computer (aladin) which I'm fairly pleased with. Since I do a lot of night diving I'm now looking for a computer that has a screen which I don't have to use the flashlight to see all the time. In that sence the Black BT looks good, but it's only a BT at the moment, and I can't really find eny good info on when they will have the computer software ready, or what it will cost? Maybe you know?Otherwise, thanks for the tip! Love looking for new gadgets!

Last edited:
Noone knows when eanx and tmx software for this bt will be available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom