Christmas gift ideas?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kimbalabala

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Maybe this is the wrong place to post this - I'm sure someone will let me know. :D

I'm looking for ideas for my husband who has just about everything. My short list include expensive and inexpensive things: a strobe; Nautilus Lifeline ($300); and that's it. Has anyone stumbled upon something new or old that you really, really think is amazing, fun, or interesting?

Thanks!

How about something like this from the HDS.org coinset2012.jpg

My (non diving) wife got me a Nautilus Lifeline as a gift. I really appreciated at the time and even more so now.

Just saying, . . . .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My (non diving) wife got me a Nautilus Lifeline as a gift. I really appreciated at the time and even more so now.

Just saying, . . . ...

Nothing says "I Love You" more than preventing a horrible death drifting alone at sea.

You didn't really say what is your budget limit? If money is no object then an Oceanic titanium dive computer that can double as a watch or an Atomic Aquatics T3. In fact Atomics makes whole line of expensive gear like their Cobalt dive computer. They've recently released a new blade fin which I've had me eye on recently except my wife would kill me if I bought more dive equipment.

My most recent favorite dive accessory is the Aeris A4 dive light. Takes 4 AAA batteries and puts out just over 200 lumens. Much brighter than my previous Intova torch and the batteries are so much cheaper to replace.

How about a heated undergarment. Could go under a wetsuit for even in a dry suit. Thermolution. :: THERMALUTION.COM :: Thermalution Heated Undersuit Is Your Only Solution TO Keep Warm!

I have also looked into getting Nautilus lifeline. It would certainly add extra measure of safety for boat dives.

Any of his dive gear he's been looking into replacing? New mask, wetsuit, fins, etc.? How about a book on scuba? Subscription to Scuba Diving Magazine? I personally look forward to the new issues, mostly to see what's new in the gear section.

Good luck. Merry Christmas.

Like others have said, not sure of your husband's experience level or dive preferences... Does he have DAN diver insurance?

Safe Diving!

+1 for the Nautilus Lifeline. I've never had to use mine, but the psychological benefit from knowing I have it in my pocket should I need it is invaluable on drift and high current dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom