What you can do in a Discover Scuba experience

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM

Missed and loved by many.
Rest in Peace
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One of my facebook friends posted this album, from a Discover Scuba he did: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.457339601043598.1073741850.118839888226906&type=1

He describes how they did it, but like most Discover Scubas, it involved a little briefing time and then some in-water time.

I think it's fabulous how well the students have modeled the instructors. We've seen lots of pictures from a variety of people, showing Dive 4 OW students looking like this -- but these guys haven't got a full hour in open water yet, and here's how they look:

1441306_457340964376795_1127107609_n.png

I think this brings home the absolute importance of instructors and staff modeling good diving technique at all times!

Agreed.

I learned to dive in trim simply because my OW instructor was in trim. I didn't know any better (or worse, as the case may be.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:
Trim never came up even in OW, much less Discover. I learned on the boat from a DM teaching an 11 year old on our first dive vacation.

Sometimes you don't know what you don't know.

Back
Top Bottom