Tank boots when filling steel tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Max Speed

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have been putting boots on my tanks when dropping them off for filling. My thought is that it is rude to leave them rolling around on the floor and forcing the operator to do a yoga move to hook up the whip.

What does everyone else do?

(it is a hassle to remove and replace and remove the boots all the time...)

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Well... My D12s dont have boots... and I just lean them against the wall at the shop. The only time I might be required to leave my set at the shop, is when I need He-mixes.

Hah... Boots.... Lol

I think it's rude to have customers lift and haul twins about the place. So I provide a sack truck that makes it easy for them to get their cylinders from vehicle to the filling station. A simple piece of rope tied round the cylinder valve keeps everything upright and easy for filling.

Single 120's boots on all the time and the 104's doubled up are wheeled in the shop on hand trucks. I would like to have the boots on the 104's but still need to cut them down to fit. I like boots on tanks.

Not rude, not a big deal, the shop (most anyway) will accommodate boots on or off.

You can cut a slit in the side of the boots from the top lip to about the middle vertically with a saw. Then they will pop on and off with little effort yet hold well enough on the tanks that they don't fall off when moving.

Boots make my life a bit easier for filling, but if you brought me tanks without boots I wouldn't complain. Not enough people dive sidemount at my shop yet to have bootless single steels get annoying. When I finally figure out what tanks I want for sidemount, they won't get boots just for the fill station.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom