NAUI Open Water II = AOW?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SanDiegoSidemount

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm wondering if this card from 1988 counts as "AOW" for purposes of dive operations that require AOW for dives over 60'. This is the last diving I did that involved getting a pretty piece of plastic at the end.

c-card.jpg

Hm, maybe this plus a copy of my logs from the last 25 years? Or at least the last couple of years?

If Im questioning a students skill level I go do a fun dive with them. The truth comes out in the water.

I'm referring to locations/operations that have company "rules" about AOW for certain trips. I don't have experience with these, and wouldn't want the lack of the right plastic to mess up my opportunity to dive sites I've been dreaming of.

I'm wondering if this card from 1988 counts as "AOW" for purposes of dive operations that require AOW for dives over 60'. This is the last diving I did that involved getting a pretty piece of plastic at the end.

The instructor that did my NAUI OW II class in '86 issued me a PADI AOW at the same time for completing the same dives. The only issue you might have is if someone doesn't know that what NAUI now calls Advanced Scuba Diver was called Openwater II until 1995. If you are really worried about it you can order a replacement card from NAUI and the one you get will say Advanced Scuba Diver but personally I wouldn't spend the $32.

If you are really worried about it you can order a replacement card from NAUI and the one you get will say Advanced Scuba Diver but personally I wouldn't spend the $32.

This is good to know. It may be cheap insurance for me to get a more "modern" version of my C card to show.

If Im questioning a students skill level I go do a fun dive with them. The truth comes out in the water.

I'm referring to locations/operations that have company "rules" about AOW for certain trips. I don't have experience with these, and wouldn't want the lack of the right plastic to mess up my opportunity to dive sites I've been dreaming of.

Call NAUI. They might be able to send you a new card that says AOW.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom