Continental Air to Roatan from Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

parrotheaddiver

Contributor
Reaction score
Southeast of Disorder...and San Marcos, Texas
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Continental announced they are starting service up from Houston to Roatan June 12. Good news for some. Not for me I just paid 600.00pp airfare on Taca to Roatan for July. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to book early oh well at least I'm going.

Let's hope Continental doesn't try to get into a price war with TACA. If they will just run a dependable flight with well mannered staff at the counter as well as on the plane, they'll have TACA beat all to hell and back!

We always block our TACA flights as early as possible to get the non-stop flights. I hope Continental provides those as well.

Continental generally doesn't try to compete as a low cost airline. Their corporate motto is "clean, safe and reliable".

Last year 2003 I paid 383.00pp from Hou to Roatan on TACA. This year I paid 600.00pp for us to go at the same time in July.
Sol Air had just started up flights to Roatan from DFW and I guess that forced Taca to lower their fares. I hope that it drives the price down again. When you look at the resorts prices they seem fair but when you start looking for airfare prices it boggles the mind.
When we flew on TACA last year it was the best flight I had ever been on with them. The flight was on time and we had all our luggage. I guess they felt the wolf breathing down their neck.
Of course when we flew with SASHA I always wondered if we would even make it to La Ceiba.T he flight attendants were rude the plane was old and smelled. Once we got on the DC3 from La Ceiba we knew we were home free.

Yea, I hope it works out. It will make my life easier. Been doing a lot of flying into San Pedro Sula On Continental to get to the islands. Have gone on TACA through Roatan also. Parothead is right. Diving/lodging, etc. remains pretty constant. Airfare is the kicker.

Example: I'm leaving Sunday for Cancun to Dive at Isla Mujeres. My wife found RT air out of Houston on Funjet for $99.00. Yes!! We jumped on it!! The rest is easy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom