Grand cayman conditions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Unfortunately, I think the rest of the week and into next week are going to be windy and stormy. Stay safe.

i dived the north wall today as a shore dive from Divetechs Cobalt Coast site. Temp was 84, no current, little waves, vis at least 60 feet and wind was (at the time) minimal. This is all set to change tonight though.....

Shore dives at Cobalt Coast yesterday were slightly choppy, but not bad. Lighthouse Point today was pretty much perfect.

Any locals have an opinion if Babylon is likely to be OK tomorrow? (Shore dive, have done it several times before)

Dove south and west temp 84F vis over 80-100 most sites Dove kittiwake again because some on boat had not. dove it actually liked it better this time.

We dove twice at Turtle Reef yesterday. Water temp at 60' was 81F. Viz was fair. Reef is coming back after the last few years of looking unhealthy. Lots of fish, one 5' or 6' moray (turn north from the descent buoy). Will be doing Cobalt Coast this morning. Hope the seas are calm.

This morning I have been teaching an OW course from Cobalt Coast, the conditions are not as fine as yesterday but still certainly good for diving. I'm gonna head over to lighthouse this afternoon (just down from turtle reef) to finish the course as the moderate swell we have here is not present there

We bailed on Cobalt this morning and went to Turtle. The south to north current was stronger than we anticipated. Viz wasn't that good. Decided to call it a day after the one dive. Heard there's supposed to be 5' to 6' seas tomorrow. Just as well, since we fly out Saturday morning. Maybe December isn't the best diving month for GC.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom