Oahu for Slow Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marpacifica

Contributor
Reaction score
Once upon a time in Micronesia, but now bubbling i
# of dives
500 - 999
OK, I'm not mentally slow (at least that's what the guys in the white suits keep telling me) but I am a slow diver because I'm usually diving with the International Space Station (i.e., camera plus all the fixins) attached to my BCD so I like to linger at places for photos. Not a problem when I'm with my usual dive buddy, but I'm headed without her to Waikiki for business end of March/early April and was hoping to do a few day and night dives. I won't have a car so am limited to dive shops that do pickups in the Waikiki area.

Can anyone recommend a dive outfit in Oahu that accommodates divers with cameras? I searched the board and came up with Island Divers Hawaii as a general recommendation. I'm pretty good on air, usually have a 1/2 tank left and am the last person on the boat thanks to all the diving that I get to do, so the tourist dive boats wouldn't work for me.

Also looking for recommendations on dive sites where there's lots of small critters for macro photography.

Mahalo!

Back
Top Bottom