Which is better Ibiza or Malaga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaJosh1029

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone,
I apologize in advance if this is a double post, and for posting the same question in the General Europe section.
The girlfriend and I are going to spain in early april with her family (who lives in Germany) and they have asked me to find out which is a better place for scuba diving. They do not dive but I do, and the girlfriend plans on getting trained/certified while were there. Her parents are doing the booking of the hotels and such but they wanted to know which is better for diving. I have no idea myself :confused: I guess I'm not sure what to look for when doing research. I like shore diving but have had some boat dive experience so either is an option. My girlfriend will be a beginner. Does any body know which place I should recommend? Any advice will be welcome.

Will I need to bring my 7mm wetsuit or something for warmer water. I'm still diving wet in 46* degree F water so I can handle colder waters. Thanks so much for your answers..
Josh
P.s I am assuming we will not be staying at a dive resort due to her family not diving.

Hi,

Why Ibiza, there is too much hype about this tiny place which is for young people partying really. Mallorca by all means, wonderful landscape lots of history and Palma is a gorgeous town with a vibe. There is plenty of good diving, I can only report about this one here;
Scuba Diving Reviews | Dive Shop Reviews | West Coast Divers Mallorca | Spain | Scubadviser

Malaga and the surroundings are fantastic for sightseeing and atmosphere , Granada is nearby, I have no opinion about the diving sites here.

April is not a good time for scuba diving in the Med, but for sightseeing YES, not even sure many dive centers are open for business !

It will be almost Summer on the Egyptian Red Sea, check out the Marsa Alam area and send your in-laws off on a 2 day trip to nearby Luxor it's not too far. The Hilton Nubian between Marsa Alam Airport and Marsa Alam Town comes to my mind, great hotel near the Abu Dabbab bay and reef.

So apparently now were going to the canary islands. Have to do my research all over again. I looks like the water might be a bit warmer though. In the 60's f. Warmer than it gets where I live...

Lanzarote safari divers out of Puerto del Carmen or playa Blanca which I think is Rubicon divers.

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Which Island in the canaries? Or are you visiting more than one. My dive club are heading to Lanzarote for a week in early April as well to dive with Manta Divers, might be worth looking at them as they have very good reviews, especially for new divers. In general I think the majority of Canary Isle diving is Shore diving with some diving from RHIBs as well.

Which Island in the canaries? Or are you visiting more than one. My dive club are heading to Lanzarote for a week in early April as well to dive with Manta Divers, might be worth looking at them as they have very good reviews, especially for new divers. In general I think the majority of Canary Isle diving is Shore diving with some diving from RHIBs as well.
I guess were going to Tenerife. Not sure which part yet.

Back
Top Bottom