Power Scuba End of Year Drawing is Here! Prizes Aplenty!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Power Scuba

Supreme Benchwarmer
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Power Scuba Friends,

I'm so very pleased to announce that our ten opportunity drawing event pages are now live!

Trips to the Philippines and Palau, BCDs, boat trips, dive computer, regulators, and much more. We've gathered all the links to all the event pages on one page: Here. Go check it out!

I have to admit, there's something of the Santa Clause in me. I really get a kick out of obtaining these amazing prizes for you all... and this year we have more goodies than ever before! My heartfelt thanks to Ocean Enterprises, Rick's Diving Locker, House of Scuba, Oceanside Scuba & Swim Center, Atlantis Resorts, Fish 'N' Fins, Pacific Star, Horizon, Marissa, Waterhorse, our individual donors, and all the participating manufacturers for their exciting support.

Drawing Event Page Listing

Jar.jpeg

Many of you have shared something like, "I wanted to donate to the group ANYway, so this makes a good way to do it.". We really appreciate this sentiment. These donations will comprise the lion's share of our working money for the coming year. If you love what Power Scuba does and what we stand for why not join into one or more of our TEN DRAWING PAGES... HOUSING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS IN PRIZES... and cover two bases at once: Helping your favorite group with a donation and having chances to win something awesome!
My very best to you all and Happy Holidays!

Bill Powers
Supreme Benchwarmer
Power Scuba, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization

Last edited:
Members,

I just added three more items to our already-stuffed Main Jar page for our exciting Drawing event. Rosa, Rich, and Jim individually donated a Marissa gift certificate, restaurant voucher, and wet suit (respectively). We thank them kindly and invite you to check it out (the Main Jar) as well as all our other wonderful Drawing pages. You'll be delighted by what you see!

SPOTLIGHT ON SPONSORS:

Atlantis Resort
gave us a free one-week stay in the Philippines. Atlantis is an American/British owned series of resorts (and a live-aboard) that specializes in extreme service to the customer. Power Scuba just did a trip there last October and we can personally vouch this is true. Everything about the resort shouts "quality"... at very reasonable prices. (We all agreed the food was the best resort food we'd every had!) Employing well-trained locally-hired staff, Atlantis ensures you receive the charm of your host country with a "Western" attention to detail. Atlantis Resort Trip Drawing Page

event_312157702.jpeg

Fish 'N' Fins
gave us a free one-week stay in Palau (hotel included)! Our group used them last year and let me tell you, WHAT AN EXCITING DIVE OP! Big animal action including sharks on most every dive. Fish 'N' Fins knows what they're doing. One of the two most well-known dive operations on Palau, Fish 'N' Fins is a well-oiled machine that puts their customers on the right spot, with the right guides, at the right time. Go here to look at the Drawing: Trip to Palau!
event_312157932.jpeg

Bill
Supreme Benchwarmer

Last edited:
Power Scuba Member,

Just a few days left to sign up for our OPPORTUNITY DRAWING, featuring thousands of dollars in prizes! You need not be present to win and we'll ship your prize out of state if needed! If nothing else, go and have a look at the massive prize offerings on display. A lot of shops, boats, resorts, manufacturers, and individuals contributed to this event. Click here to see a list of all the Drawing pages: List

r4JeA-ecTvxmvqhT67R-DqrwTTS48TY3HaWJ2elNqxuhgqrJH9liH9AxjVLkrxAVaa3B152RxiP5qlmz872PZ4UIfTp-n4i3V_ENR44YIP6JVjD6t6ktDw99rXUCfo0=s0-d-e1-ft

I know I've said it before, but:
Power Scuba (a 501c3 charitable organization) exists only with your help. For us to thrive and continue to grow we need your donations. This event is a great way to donate a few bucks AND be entered to win some pretty amazing prizes. Please go and have a look... then RSVP to a few of the ten Drawing pages.

We'll random draw the winners at our Dec 26th Happy Hour event, then announce those winners at our...

*** END OF THE YEAR TIKI HOLIDAY PARTY on Dec 27th! You really don't want to miss this one! Our group has had a great year, now let's get together one last time in 2013 and celebrate until the (semi) wee hours! Click here to sign up: Tiki Party

Kk6Gg8c0ZqKbI2Efg-XQokdJ5Vrc9dSW0SyC6Zs4_G7kJlOM7FZYvCQjsH7VaieWr9blYrma1CT7NOzK314chVrJu3Fva4mn06pZ_uOUC4jPlvRhVACifHbCiW8PUlE=s0-d-e1-ft

SPOTLIGHT ON OUR SPONSORS:

QzsgL9KIfgiB56gVR-xgCFORMGPrC0UrfAHHz0zOMUDliCp63BGMw-txMp1K4DyDhUDMo0MWH1NNVEevaktBtKCxuHNbc5H_gTWcfpe5V3ahXbxHH5O8DRQJa73a_g=s0-d-e1-ft

Check out the Horizon (berthed at H&M Landing in Point Loma) next time you've got a hankerin' for a specialty dive trip. They do the Channel Islands and beyond, baby! Huge thanks to them for their wonderful donation of two 2014 trips with them.

Trusted by the world’s best photographers, cinematographers and adventurers, Watershot Inc. (in Sorento Valley, next door to San Diego Divers) designs and develops premium products used on, in and under water. The diverse range of products and projects include DSLR dive and surf splash housings, freedive and surf rescue vests, iPod housings, dive lights and enclosures for underwater robotic exploration. Camera housings built for use in the motion picture industry include the following theatrical releases: Pirates of the Caribbean I, II, III, Into the Blue, Into the Wild, Terminator III and All Is Lost. To learn more, log on to www.watershot.com

---------- Post added December 18th, 2013 at 07:54 AM ----------

About a week left in our Opportunity Drawing. Go to Power Scuba now to sign up!

Bill

Last edited:
Folks,

MASSIVE OPPORTUNITY DRAWING: CLICK HERE

• DRAWING: A few members contacted me and asked to extend our Drawing­ deadline so they could use some of their "Christmas money" to enter. The deadline has now been extended to Dec 26th at 9 am. Winners will be random-pick-selected at a happy hour gathering that night (Thursday).
  • THE ODDS: These are some of the best odds you're likely to see for a drawing for a long time! The Horizon trips: Just 87 entries. The Atomic B2 Regulator (new in box): A tiny 50 entries. The XP-H Dive Computer (over $300 value)... 25 entries, gang. Wow. Heck even our most popular drawings (Palau trip, Philippines trip, and the Main Jar with Over 35 Prizes) have only ~200 entries each. Those are some great odds!

event_317207532.jpeg

• YOU NEED GEAR: Nearly a thousand of you (out of our 2,000+ members) have never actually come out diving with us. Many of you have admitted to me it's because you can't afford the gear. This is your chance to get some great gear for just a few bucks! Take a look at all our ­Ten Drawings and enter to win. You'll be supporting our humble 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, your donations are tax deductible, you don't have to be present to win, and we'll ship your winnings to you (for just actual shipping cost)!
  • PAST WINNERS: Last year's winners are pretty darn happy with their gear and trips. Look at the below pic of Jeff after he picked up the Watershot light he won.

event_317205452.jpeg

By the way, we're having another Watershot Drawing this year. Does that light look cool or what?

• WE NEED YOUR HELP: This Drawing event will be the source of most of Power Scuba's funding for 2014. We don't need much, but we do need your support. (We're even looking at throwing some funding behind local scientists engaged in environmental research!) Please, even just a few dollars helps... and you'll be entered to win some very fun and amazing prizes! Go here to see our ten drawings: Click Here

Well gang, this'll be my last big email blast about the drawings. Maybe a small reminder on Monday, along with our Christmas message, but don't put off entering. Now is the time! Have a great weekend!

Bill
Supreme Benchwarmer

The drawing is officially over. Ten of us gathered at the Rock Bottom Brewery last night to select, via random number generator, the winners of our over 44 prizes.

I've placed a list of the winners in our group Files section. Congratulations to them and thank you all for your participation. Your donations are SINCERELY appreciated. Login - Meetup (You must be logged in to Meetup to see this file.)

All my best,

Bill Powers

Back
Top Bottom