Any one in Melbourne (or even shepparton) wanna take be my mentor/dive buddy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Stampsalot

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Im going to ask 'cos well it's worth a try.

is there any one in Melbourne or the Goulburn Valley who wants to be like a mentor/ dive buddy to a keen but inexperienced diver. I promise I'll call you sensei, you can call me grasshopper. I shall wax on and wax off, but only after a bit of cheek and soul searching. Must like being bugged with stupid questions. Owning a dive boat would be a bonus. I'll buy the beers after every dive, promise.

Yeah. Me grammar title good.

Last edited:
Hey Mate,

I'd reccomend hooking up with either your LDS's dive club, or someone like VSAG Victorian Sub-Aqua Group (VSAG). While I haven't dived with vsag myself, i ran into a bunch of their members overseas and they seemed like a top bunch of people who just wanted to have fun and dive without any BS.

There's also shed loads of shore dives, but are you seriously coming down from Shepparton for a dive?

Going down to Melbourne for dives as often as possible seemed like an awesome idea at the time until I actually did it then Melbourne became portsea adding another 2 hours to the trip. Then having it being freezing and raining when it was sunny in shepp when I left has left me a bit demotivated of late. I figured I'd take advantage of summer and the bay but then I realized I forgot it's Melbourne there's not much in the way of summer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom