Spearing off PCB FL in 150'

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PatMyGreen

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Panama City Beach, Florida, United States

Attachments

• Pat Forrest.jpg
    Pat Forrest.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 212
Excellent video Pat. I never realized that the viz is so good up there. Pretty gutsy freeshafting an AJ. The Gag part was really good. Until someone spears a big grouper, he doesn't know how EXCITING it can be. LOL I can't count the number of times I have had to grab my mask when the fight gets up close and personal.

You eat the Jacks? I thought the big ones got wormy.

Very nice video. Thanks for sharing.

Amazing two guys shot at and missed the grouper and it didn't just bug out. I rarely get a second chance on a black grouper here….even if he just bugged out at the site of me. Are gags dumber than blacks? I've never seen a gag here in Belize.

That's an East Coast thing. Not a single worm in this guy.

---------- Post added December 6th, 2013 at 12:25 PM ----------

Hank, They are a hair less skittish than Blacks but they both have a good tendency to head for a hole when pressured. This hole was just big enough for me to get into too. I'll point out I missed my shot from 20' about twice the distance I normally take a shot from, because he was starting to move as I got closer.... so I'd say he was pretty skittish.

Back
Top Bottom