Molokini is a crater!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

roadwaves

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Im headed to Maui for a week in January. Looking for a reputable dive operator for a seasoned diver to dive Molokini Crater.

Try Ed Robinsons. They offer "Adventure" dives for more experienced divers. If conditions are right they'll drift the Backwall.
Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures offers Maui SCUBA Diving tours and SCUBA Certification courses led by the top professionals on Maui.

Can't go wrong with B&B Scuba or Mike Severns either.

If you're staying near Lahaina, Lahaina Divers also runs over there. Or you can drive down - just plan on about 45mins. The Kihei boats leave starting around 6AM to beat the tradewinds coming back.

Last edited:
+1 for Mike Severns recommendation, they are probably the best dive op we have been out with anywhere. Also highly recommend going from Kihei, it's well worth the drive even if you are staying in Lahaina. The time you save getting to Molokini means that you are on the dive sites ahead of all the big boats out of Lahaina with many divers, much less crowded. Mike Severns will also drift the back wall of the crater, it's an awesome dive, we were there in June a couple of years ago & you could see the shelves on the wall 120 feet down from the surface. Lots of pelagics around the wall when we were there.

If you haven't been to Maui before, one suggestion if you are staying in Lahaina, you may want to rent a car at the airport. You'll save a lot of money by getting one there for a week vs rentals in Lahaina & if you want to explore around a bit it also makes it easy to get down to Kihei to dive. Have a great trip!

We used Lahaina Divers last time, which was fine, except they cancelled a morning drip because we were the only ones on it and just informed us when we appeared at 7:30 am. A phone call would have been too much? But the dives we did do with them were professionally run.

We did the inside of the crater with B and B. We were going to do the other side the next day but due to a family emergency, B and B had to cancel. They helped us make arrangements with Ed Robinson and we dove with them the following day on the backside of the crater. I was happy with both of these operators and would recommend either one of them.

Another big thumbs up for Pauline and the crew at Mike Severns Diving! As an instructor here for the last 15 years and someone who has been diving with her a number of times I can say that she is wonderful and full of amazing amazing amazing knowledge. A true ocean spirit who has great passion for what she does and sharing it with others. You can go wrong with Pauline.

Aloha and I hope your dives are wonderful over there!

We're to the point that we only dive with Ed Robinsons for their advanced charters (Sunday 2-tank, Tuesday 3-tank, and Friday 2-tank). It's much nicer having more experienced divers on the boat where the crew isn't concerned with catering to the least experienced diver.

Seasoned as in AGE or Experience??? I dove with B&B Scuba, and enjoyed my dives with them, if I go back I would use them again as they have an awesome boat. However I wouldn't hesitate to try Ed, or Severns.

another +1 for ERDA
they were great!
(being able to leave gear on the boat is also nice if you're doing multiple days in a row - however it wasn't the case for me).
ended up doing 3 days with them, 2-tank (wed with ed), 2-tank(sun), 3-tank (tues). Went south (river run, pinnacle point, golden arches) quite a bit but did get in 2 molokini backside dives!

+1 for Ed Robinson. I've been out with them on both "advanced" and "other" days. ALWAYS had a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom